As a native of Houston, Texas, Lamar Ford attended school in the Houston Independent School District. During his high school years, he was a popular football player and was sought by top college football recruiters. After leaving high school, Lamar relocated to Oakland, California where he continued his education at Laney Junior College with an emphasis on Business Management.
His choices placed him on both sides of the law until he discovered a better way of life by combining both his street and educational skills. Later, he created the tools necessary for him to become a successful entrepreneur. He is owner and CEO of TG-USA, LLC - an athletic clothing line that includes printed messages containing self-motivating, inspirational messages.
His background in community outreach and advocacy includes speaking to youth at the national and local level, one-on-one counselling, and mentoring youth on developmental skills. He covers a wide range of youth challenges including peer pressure, gang retaliation or association. He also covers the subject of gun violence and cyber bullying. Lastly, he is the founding president of the nonprofit organization Reach 4 Teach More and The Ohio Diversity Youth Forum.
He has worked with organizations such as Thurgood Marshall, Belle Haven Elementary, and Richard Allen Charter School. Additionally, he has worked with Sinclair’s Black Man’s Think Tank, The Adam Project, and the Community Initiative to Reduce Gun Violence (CIRVG), just to name a few. Moreover, he was the narrator for the Ohio’s Justice of the Peace Gun Violence DVD.
Based on his background and dealing with the challenges of life in a disadvantaged environment, he provides a positive role model for youth who are looking to better themselves.
- Member of the Black Man’s Think Tank
- Summer Youth Instructor - program sponsor / Speaker, Mentor at Peace Museum in Dayton, Ohio 2010 to Present
- GT-USA - Thanksgiving Contribution Drive, Donating to over 300+ youth in the Dayton, Ohio Community 2010 – Present
- Narrator of the Peace By Peace - (Stop the Violence) DVD in associated with Ohio Department of Justice - 2009
- National youth motivational Speaker, Cali, Illi, Texas, Ohio – Internet Radio (Global)
- Mentor for Dayton and Montgomery County Health Department – Charles R. Drew Health Center
- Volunteer for Dayton Public Schools 2009 - Present
- Good Stewart of Children Certification - 2010
- Formalized Intern Program with Wilberforce University and Central State University
- The First Minority Sports Brand to host a sports branding relationship with Local HBCU's in Ohio
- Camp Coordinator for the Mike Vick Change The Game 2010 Football Camp
- Co-Sponsor of the 2012 DeQuan Cook Skills Camp
- Co-Sponsor Of The Ohio Business Matchmaker 2013
- Speaker for 13th Annual Black Man's Think Tank Conference Sinclair Community College
- TG-USA, LLC also supports the RELATIONSHIP with Richard Allen Schools and is one of many businesses to offer a healthy nutritional program through its workshops component called the 2014 Healthy Crumbs Youth Experience.
- College 2 Biz Intern program with The University of Dayton, 2014 – Present
- Minority affiliation with the City Of Dayton Ohio in Montgomery County
- Program Facilitator with the Montgomery County Juvenile ERC
Mr. Ford enjoys networking and appreciates the relationships he has developed with many organizations. His belief is that building relationships are key elements to any determined, motivated young person. He surrounds himself with positive-minded people who are great thinkers and visionaries.
Back to Speakers Bureau page